Author Topic: Nasa Next Gen Earth Images Mapped with Infinmap Pro  (Read 25982 times)

Offline Intuition

• Kilo Pixel Renderer
  • infiniMap User
Nasa Next Gen Earth Images Mapped with Infinmap Pro
« on: September 14, 2006, 06:17:22 AM »
This thread will be my Earth picture development using Infinmap Pro. I am attempting to use the NASA Next Gen Earth Image series.

Infinimap Pro will be used for mapping the images (Of Course!!!). The first images are made from the maps provided using also some extra spheres for atmosphere falloff.

The next set of images will be attempts at recreating a cloud layer using some type of voxels instead of just the cloud map. This way we can get in close and see greater cloud depth/detail.

First image is over South America.

Offline Intuition

• Kilo Pixel Renderer
  • infiniMap User
Re: Nasa Next Gen Earth Images Mapped with Infinmap Pro
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 06:37:04 AM »
Over California   ;D... I am using the Next Gen images during Dec, that is why you see snow.

Offline lightwolf

• infiniMap / exrTrader / shaderMeister developer
  • Administrator
  • Tera Pixel Renderer
  • Obfuscated SDK Hacker
    • db&w GbR
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 02:20:39 PM »
Cool, I'm looking forward to seeing your progress... but with a gorgeous start like this you have a hard time improving it ;)

Well done!

Cheers,
Mike
Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treatment. (Kent Beck)

Visit us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dbw.finest.plugins

Offline Intuition

• Kilo Pixel Renderer
  • infiniMap User
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2006, 03:27:48 AM »
Testing new spec highlight methods.  ;D

In this image there is an ocean glint added by piping bump and alpha procedurals to only show up inside ocean specular hits. This will create a nice ocean ripple effect whenever the sunlight angle is correct.

There is no post work on this image (or any of my images).  :P This is the North East Corner of Australia.

This procedural will be animated over time to create a subtle but nice effect to give off the movement of big waves (tiny in our POV) on the ocean.  ;)

Offline born

• bad cop of db&w
  • Administrator
  • Kilo Pixel Renderer
  • db&w Manager
    • db&w - the world at your fingertips
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2006, 11:29:56 AM »
Great images, Intuition! Really great work. Thank you very much for showing it to us! We want more!!! ;D

Cheers,
Dagmar
think - think - think and then perhaps talk

anything