Author Topic: Invalid Path for Global Presets in OSX  (Read 2824 times)

Offline midnightbrewer

• Pixlet
  • LightWave User
Invalid Path for Global Presets in OSX
« on: June 02, 2016, 06:56:56 AM »
I tried to save my first exrTrader preset today and got the following error message:

"An error occurred saving /Library/Preferences/LightWave3D/SimplePresets/ImageFilterHandler/exrTrader/Shadows Only (PNG24).cfg"

This doesn't seem to be a valid path created by or used by LightWave for at least the last few versions. The closest match I could find was:

"/Library/Application Support/NewTek/LighTwave/".

I think exrTrader might be trying to save global settings in the wrong location.

Offline lightwolf

• infiniMap / exrTrader / shaderMeister developer
  • Administrator
  • Tera Pixel Renderer
  • Obfuscated SDK Hacker
    • db&w GbR
Re: Invalid Path for Global Presets in OSX
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2016, 04:40:56 PM »
Hi midnightBrewer,

yeah, I used that location after browsing through the Apple documentation for quite a while. Hm, which version of OSX are you on?

Does /Library/Preferences/ exist at all on your machine? It may be hidden nowadays and you'd need to manually go to the path. If it does, it may be an issue with the user rights, manually creating a LightWave3D folder there could solve the problem.

You can also, alternatively, use a custom path as described in the documentation. I'll see if I need to change this path for the next release, it may well be that Apple changed something - again. ;)

Cheers,
Mike
Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treatment. (Kent Beck)

Visit us on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/dbw.finest.plugins

anything